Woke up after very little sleep and did some sober homework from 7 - 9 am in bed.
Read the MOB email for today, also listened to Sober Sassy Playbook audios from Jackie and Belle's lesson for today - an audio message lasting around 10 mins. I find audios go straight into my brain, especially using headphones so I can't hear any other sound from around me.
Today's lessons made me think about ways to cope with cravings ( avoid, control or escape them) and also I examined what sort of drinker I am so I can plan to avoid, control or escape more easily. it also gave me lots to think about around the whole issue of sober treats. I also had some uncomfortable musings about the role alcohol had in my family as a default coping mechanism.
I have not done much in the way of sober treats, before - mainly because I feel uncomfortable with the concept of rewarding my self, especially for doing something I really SHOULD be able to just do with no effort. I got myself into this mess of drinking too much - why should I get treats as a reward to extricate myself from the hole *I* have dug?
But I do have to admit I am finding things a tiny bit easier this time - not sure if that is because I have built up a good selection of sober tools and have added in more this time, or if I am finally getting the idea that sober treats are a good idea, not a self indulgent reward for what I perceive to be poor choices and poor behaviour ( ie my drinking habits) After all, I am only doing something I really ought to be able to do, anyway? So why the fuck should I get sober treats for doing it?
So goes my mind, anyway - which I now realize is my addict brain talking to try to make me feel bad ( and therefore drink - ha!)
Addict brain aka the Wine Witch or Wolfie or the Wine Bitch, depending on which blog you read.
I like the term Wine Bitch, as actually I like wolves., and witches ... :)
Headspace is helping to calm my brain chatter and improve my mood - 142 consecutive days today :)
Sober treats today - Found my replacement drink - fizzy water and PLJ, had a coffee in a nice cafe while out; chocolate, a bunch of flowers from the market.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.