Pages

29/09/2016

Day 11 - busy day and a sober social outing

Woke up feeling very tired but I did have a solid 6 hours sleep despite not being able to actually fall asleep until 2 am. But a solid and refreshing 6 hours, where I did not wake up! Wonderful!

Today I had a lot of work to get through which I managed in good time. I felt irritated with a few people who were not pulling their weight, but I hope I hid it well. Everything got done and finished in time, anyway!

Later I had the first sober social event I have attended since giving up alcohol. From reading and various on line courses I have done I know that it is good to have advance plans for control or escape in place when attending a social event where there might be alcohol. So, I took an AF beer and some Fevertree tonic water with me so I knew I could have a drink of something AF. I also drove, so I could escape if I needed to.

I had a great time! I honestly did not crave a drink at all and was very happy with the evening.

First solo sober event done and dusted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.