I had a muse and this is what came out.
Why would I want to throw away all the great stuff I have learned and done in
the last month or so, just in case I have miraculously learned to be normal about
drinking? The last time I could moderate successfully was around 18 years ago
and even before that, I always wanted more ...even if I didn't actually have
any?
I have a past pattern of certainly obsessive behaviour, some times it has helped me (work, exams, getting
stuff done) but other times no not so good. Also I have a history of over compensating for feeling
rubbish and fake by doing "more" in my work, my hobbies, my business, my
everyday life Basically I was trying to hide and make up for how broken and worthless I
felt.
I now realize I'm not rubbish or damaged or broken or worthless. I had
bad things done to me by bad or damaged people. I'm strong and capable and brave
and talented - look how much I have achieved, despite feeling so very worthless!
That's not the life of a worthless person 😀
All that time
throwing wine over my brain to make myself feel less, all the addictive,
obsessive stuff, trying to make me feel better and it didn't fucking
work.
Sobriety makes me feel better. Not drinking alcohol, like
not eating gluten or lactose, makes me feel better. Sober Treats when I am sad
make me feel better (who would have guessed it ? 😀 ) Sober Treats when I am
happy make me feel happier.
Listening to a Sober podcast from Belle makes me feel good.
Reading a sober blog makes me feel good. Not drinking for 100 days will mean that,
even after paying for the sober jump start course, I will have enough money extra to tax and insure my car for a year (but car already paid for and I'm going
to spend that money on Sober Treats for me! ) And it's worth every penny, and
more.
This turned into a rant. I'm not sorry 😀
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.