Today I drove to a festival, met some good friends and listened to authors talk about their books. I had lunch in a pub and drank fizzy water and coffee. I had a fabulous time and bought lots of books which I got signed by the authors.
If I were still drinking I would not have been able to do this - I would not have got up early enough; I might still have been under the influence of alcohol so I would not have driven my car to the event; if I had been sober enough to drive I would have still worried all day about not being ok to drive and spoiled the day out for myself. I would not have had the money spare to buy the tickets or the books, because I had drunk it all. Etc, etc.
Sobriety, the gift that keeps on giving :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.