Now I am feeling physically, mentally and emotionally so much better I have been re examining my early days of sobriety this time around.
I'm amazed (and concerned) at how quickly I went back to wanting more than one glass once I lapsed, and also how Day 1 - 4 were just as horrible as all the other times, even though I "only" drank for an evening each time then went back on sobriety, and did not drink very much in comparison with past times.
And I had previously had long stints of sobriety! If nothing else my last lapse two months ago really finally showed me I cannot do moderation. I am not saying never ever again but for now I view alcohol as something best avoided for a good few years, at the very least.
Day 63 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.