My journey to sober living "I won't drink today. Alcohol makes me depressed and unhappy. I don't do things that make me depressed and unhappy. I choose to do things that make me happy and healthy and bring me joy."
20/10/2016
Social life regained.
Socialising? I have done far MORE in the last three weeks than in the last probably six months :)
Some of that is being able to drive again (not drunk early evening, so can go out to stuff!) And a lot is just that my depression and self esteem are so much lifted I can be bothered to go out And I feel I actually am likable and worth it. I am not broken. Not broken people can go out and have a good time.
I have had lots of outings to things as my sober treats . Gigs, literary talks, book club, craft club, yoga, history walks, conferences. I'm really enjoying my sober life. I want to build up a lot of memories of how good I feel so if I get any crap voices nagging me to drunk I have lots of great new patterns to remind me what a very bad idea it would be to spoil my sobriety.
Looking forward to the next month :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.