Pages

01/10/2016

Day 13 - mood modification

I've been thinking. What if being kind to myself and treating myself when I feel sad is normal?

What if that is what normally adjusted people do? If they feel sad or upset, they do something to alter their sad mood and cheer themselves up like call a friend or have a nice bath or go for a swim or sit and cuddle a cat by the fire?

What if that is normal behaviour,  rather than opening a bottle of  fermented by product of rotting grapes, pouring it into a glass and drinking it to alter the sad mood?

That is what I have to re learn. How to alter my mood without alcohol. If I feel down I need to be kind to myself, to make myself feel better. NOT drink something that will make me feel a lot worse.

Sober treats today - a visit to a literary event. New books. The ability to drive wherever I want and not worry if I am still over the limit. I never was but I always worried ( obsessively) about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.