Pages

26/01/2017

Tough times


I can't pretend its been easy the last few weeks. Lots of horrible horrible stress which has nothing to do with alcohol and lots to do with a family issue which is not going to get a lot better, until it gets a lot worse :(

BUT it is NOT the sort of issue where me drinking will make it better.
So I have not.

Today I saw a comment on a Mumsnet  thread which asked about going to AA. The reply was


I have been to precisely 3 AA meetings, ever, and all in the first week. They just didn't "chime" with me.  Just do whatever helps YOU stay sober! If a tool doesn't work, add a different one and USE IT not just look at it. Lots of sober treats for getting through an hour, a day, a week. Reward yourself for doing a really hard thing FOR PEOPLE LIKE US. Podcasts, books, running, sleeping, cake, talking,. Whatever it takes.

Just because others can just not drink does not mean we can. We find it hard. We think about not drinking. We try to "moderate" It's hard. I have found the best thing is to just Not Drink. 

And that, I think, sums it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.