Pages

01/01/2017

A sober New Year Eve :)


Well that was interesting :)

A sober NYE, for the first time in many years :)

We don't go in for parties or stuff here anyway - used to in our youth but have not done so for many many years. However, NYE would always been "seen in" by at least one bottle of wine, possibly more.

This year, DH had a can of beer and later a small whisky - I had fizzy water and then a glass of AF sparkling white wine (Sainsbuys - it was very nice!)

We spent a lot of the evening talking, and I mean really talking, about the problems we have been having as a couple, as well as the other things we are currently having to deal with (which are of course making our relationship issues much worse due to the stress). It was really helpful to talk about our hopes and fears and worries in an honest and calm manner. There were smiles and tears and a lot of shared memories.

We both concluded we still love each other, still value our relationship and want to make it work, which is a relief!

Maybe we need some counselling, maybe we just need to sort out the external problems - but at least we are talking again and not just getting upset and angry with each other. And both of us are agreed that we will jointly and separately seek some counselling if things don't improve within a few weeks.

Best start to 2017 I could have hoped for :) Sober and still married :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.