Pages

06/02/2017

Drifting from my sober supports



I'm worried I'm starting to drift away from the mindset of being sober. I've had a few drinks when we have been out with friends eating a meal, which I enjoyed.

I haven't gone back to drinking at home, but was very close to buying wine last night.

 I've started re listening to sober podcasts and mentally reset my attitude this morning. I am so glad I didn't buy the wine but after so many days, virtually all of them sober, I had hoped I wouldn't need to be so vigilant, still? I am aware I've dropped the sober self care a lot and my life is still really shitty so really I should be doing more of it not less. Life stuff  is seriously affecting my sleep also.

So. Retreated to sofa with good food cats and TV after lunch. Husband next to me. Daughter home on half day and eating a good food lunch and being friendly.

I seem to be a slow learner about avoiding overwhelm, but I'm getting there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.