I'm feeling a little fragile today. Discovering that alcometer left me a little shaken. As it triggered a bout of examining lots of past stuff which I found a bit distressing.
Not done to beat myself up and all ultimately good to go through, but today I feel a bit raw.
So, what to do?
My previous self would have had some wine to numb the pain.
The newer version of me, the more sober one, the healthier one, has recognised I'm feeling, how I'm feeling. I've let myself experience being sad for a bit, then I went for a walk, I did some meditation, had a nap for half an hour, I read a book for a bit, I had a cup of tea and I cuddled one of the cats.
Later I'm going to have a bath with lots of essential oils and when I get out I'm going to smother myself in body lotion and then go to bed and read and listen to pod casts from the sober world.
Progress. This is healthy progress :)
Definitely progress, and learning new healthier ways to deal with the crap that life throws us. Creating new habits is key. Your go to for stress might be exactly what you described, a nice bath, some reading, a cup of tea.
ReplyDelete