Pages

04/09/2018

A difficult day. Sept 2018

I had a councelling session yesterday, which was interesting and draining and thought provoking and a mixture of up and down emotions, so nothing unusual there!

I get on well with the councelor, they are very good, very empathetic and very skilled at getting me to look at difficult things from a new angle. They also pull me up when I start blaming myself.

I finally opened up about the extent to which I had been self medicating with alcohol in the past;  I had touched upon this to a certain degree in previous sessions but yesterday I was very honest about just how much and how often I had been drinking, and how difficult I found moderation.

My councelor agreed that it was a good idea to stop, at least for now, and to see how my mental and physical health improved. I slept very soundly last night  for 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.