I've been able to have a good hard think today as I'm mostly on the sofa or in bed due to a bad hip.
I've realised quite a few things, mainly that I'm finding it very hard to continue to be sober because I don't feel any better, sober.
I've tried moderation, recently, and managed to stop after a couple of glasses of wine, like normal people do.
But given all the shit storm of stress I live with daily I'm not really surprised I don't actually feel a lot better, sober or moderating.
I've tried moderation, recently, and managed to stop after a couple of glasses of wine, like normal people do.
But given all the shit storm of stress I live with daily I'm not really surprised I don't actually feel a lot better, sober or moderating.
I have lost the hangovers though!
And I've realized I've dropped my treats. I've stopped being kind to myself and I really do need to make time and space to be kind to me. Every single day.
So back on the treats. I'm eating a not quite defrosted brownie. Did you know being still slightly frozen adds an extra deliciousness to them? Chewy and sort of ice creamy?
Yum. My treat for a day sober, today, with a big pot of three mint tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.