I woke up today after a really good sleep ( finally!) but still early. I gloried in my lack of a hangover!
As I couldn't sleep again I used the time to do my sober homework reading and listen to some of today's audio lessons. I sat and read and listened, and wrote in my journal, sipping from a cup of herb tea, while the early morning thin winter sunshine streamed in through the open window and a few brave birds sang outside.
I experienced no banging headache, no sour taste, no squinting because the light was too bright, no puffy face. Wonderful!
When was the last time I ever woke up feeling regret I wasn't hungover? Never.
Once I went beyond light social occasional drinking, (30 plus years ago!) I always regretted drinking next morning. Always.
Did I mention waking up hangover free is marvelous? Well, it is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.