I am not broken. Things were done to me, bad things by bad people. That does not make me bad, It does not make me broken. It makes me strong. Strong because I survived. Strong because I am trying to change and improve and grow. Strong because I recognize bad things happened and I refuse to let them drag me down any more.
I drank to bury pain. To hide from my demons. To not have to think about bad stuff that had happened. To damp down my anxiety. All it actually did was make
my existing situation many many times worse. Since stopping drinking my anxiety
has reduced, I am calmer and sleep better without as many nightmares. I am more able to cope.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello. Thank you for commenting. I read all the comments and do my best to reply as quickly as I can.